Getting bored with the same old low carb recipes? Looking for something to spice it up a bit? Well, then you’ve got to try my delicious Spicy Chicken with Mushrooms Asparagus and Bacon recipe. This recipe was a hit with the Hubs, I am sure it will be a hit on your table too!
Spicy Chicken with Mushrooms Asparagus and Bacon
Ingredients – Serves 2
- 2 Chicken breasts
- 6 Slices of Bacon
- 1/2 cup Sliced Mushrooms (1.1 Carbs)
- 10 Stalks Asparagus (5 stalks = less than 1 Carb)
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 Tsp. Chili Powder (1.4 Carbs)
- 2 Tbsp. Soy Sauce (2.4 Carbs)
- 2 Tbsp. Sriracha (4 Carbs)
- 2 Tbsp. Brown Sugar (2.9 Carbs)
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 4 Tbsp. Water
- Cut the bacon into smaller pieces and fry them up, drain and set aside.
- Slice the chicken breasts into thin even slices.
- In a non-stick skillet with lid add the olive oil, and heat on medium heat.
- Add the Chicken to the skillet, flipping once, turn heat to low and add your spices, let cook for about 8 mins. flipping once. In a small bowl combine, the water, soy sauce, sriracha, and brown sugar.
- Add the mixture to the chicken, stirring well to coat the chicken, add mushrooms and asparagus. Cover with lid and let simmer for 8 mins.
- Toss in the bacon, and stir to coat it with the sauce and serve.
Spicy Chicken with Mushrooms Asparagus and Bacon Carb Count
12.8 Total Carbs if you ate the entire pan, and only 6.4 carbs per serving if you made it as per recipe above. I made the above version for the Hubs. If you’re looking to make this recipe with fewer carbs like I made for myself, then omit the brown sugar and use 1/2 of the amount of soy sauce and sriracha making the total carb count close to 5 carbs.
If you like the above recipe then you’re going to love some of my other delicious Low Carb recipes. Looking for fitness inspired articles? Follow my fitness journey where I share my goals, my workouts, weekly updates and my fitness struggles.