I love Salmon and try to cook it at least twice a month, actually, I would eat it every day if it weren’t so darn expensive. At $8.99 a lb. you bet your bottom that when I cook it it’s all going to be eaten. Monday night I made a delicious baked salmon with lemon and butter with some fresh green beans. It was amazing! But the Hubs and I couldn’t finish all that I cooked so I decided to turn it into a delicious low carb salmon salad the next night.
One good thing about salmon is that it tastes just as good the day after cold from the refrigerator. Here’s the recipe for the salmon dip I used on my salad. Remember this recipe is for left over salmon, but you use canned salmon as well.
Low Carb Salmon Salad
Salmon dip for the salad
- Salmon (either left over or canned salmon will work)
- 2 Tbsp. of Mayo (Blue Plate Brand)
- 2 Tbsp of Cream Cheese (Philadelphia full-fat)
- 1 Tbsp. Dried Dill (The Spice and Tea Exchange Brand)
- 1 Tbsp. Capers (optional)
- Garlic Salt (Badia Brand)
- 1/2 Tsp. Lemon Juice (RealLemon Brand)
- Crumble the salmon into a medium-sized bowl.
- Add the mayo and cream cheese to the salmon and mix until the texture is creamy but chunky. If you like it creamier then add a touch more mayo. When low carbing or on a keto diet mayo is your friend. Use it!!
- Add pepper and garlic salt to taste.
- Add lemon juice. Again you can add more if you like that lemony flavor.
- Mix well then add the capers and a dash of dill and stir even to mix in the capers. Be careful not to mash them.
- Garnish with more dill.
Low carb salmon salad
- 2 cups Green leafy or romaine lettuce
- 5 Black Olives (Lindsay Brand)
- Parmesan Cheese Shaved (Publix Brand)
- 1 Tbsp. Red Onion
- Salmon Dip (above recipe)
- Cook the bacon if you don’t have some ready.
- Cut and wash the lettuce, lay on a paper towel to drain the excess water.
- Cut the red onion slice into little pieces.
- Put the lettuce into your salad bowl, make a little center hole for the salmon dip to go.
- Add 2 Tbsp of Salmon to the center area of the salad
- Toss in your olives, cheese, and onions and bacon.
Low Carb Salmon Salad
Is a perfect low carb & keto friendly meal loaded with healthy fats and low carbs. If you were to make it the exact way I have suggested the total net carbs would be as follows.
- Salmon ~ 0 Carbs
- 2 Tbsp. Mayo ~ 0.2 carbs
- 2 Tbsp. Cream Cheese ~ .12 carbs
- 1 Tbsp. Red Onion ~ 0.9 carbs with 0.2 fiber = 0.7 net carbs
- 1 Tbsp. Capers ~ 0.4
- 2 Cups Romaine Lettuce ~ 3 carbs – 2 fiber = 1 net carb
- 5 Black Olives ~ 1 Carb
- Bacon ~ 0
- 1 Tsp. Garlic Salt ~ 0
- Parmesan Cheese Shaved ~ 0
- Lemon Juice ~ 0
- Dill (The Spice and Tea Exchange Brand) ~ 0 carbs
Total Net Carbs = 3.3 carbs
Thanks for stopping by! You’re going to love this delicious low carb salmon salad. Over the course of my fitness journey, I will be sharing more of my delicious low carb recipes and low carb lifestyle articles. You’ll also find some of my workouts and weigh-ins too. Please follow along on the social media networks listed on the right side of my blog.