It’s time for some Cooking with Kids, we’re making some delicious Rice Krispy Treat Monsters. Theses are a super easy treat to make with kids and can be modified for all the holidays. The girls loved making and eating them.
Rice Krispy Treat Monsters
- 6 cups of Rice Krispy Cereal
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 1/2 Tsp. of Vanilla Extract
- Cooking Oil or Spray
- Candy Melts (your choice colors/flavors) we used a new flavor Caramel Apple
- Candy Eyes (found near the specialty baking area)
- 1 Bag Mini Marshmallows
- Wax Paper (optional)
- Treat Bags (optional)
- Cookie Sheet or Baking Pan
Rice Krispy Treat Monsters Directions:
- Spray the pan or cookie sheet with cooking spray, or use cooking oil to grease bottom and sides.
- Melt butter in a medium-size saucepan, then slowly add the marshmallows.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Using a spatula fold in the Rice Krispy cereal.
- Once all the cereal is coated with the butter/marshmallow mixture, using the spatula spread evenly into pan/cookie sheet.
- Take a piece of wax paper large enough to cover the pan/cookie sheet, and use it to press your Rice Krispy Treats down.
- Let cool completely, at least 2 hours. Cut into equal portions.
- Cover your decorating area with wax paper, for easy clean up later.
- Once your Rice Krispy Treats are completely cooled, melt the candy melts according to the package.
- Take a spoon and spread a bit of the melted candy on the top edge of your treat.
- Add candy eyes and set aside to cool. You can either store them in a container with a tight-fitting lid or do what we did and place them individually in treat bags.
Enjoy your Rice Krispy Treat Monsters with a cold glass of milk, or a hot cup of coffee.
This week we will be working on their Halloween Costumes, and visiting a pumpkin patch this Saturday. Can’t wait to share about all of the fun we had. I love spending time with my granddaughters. Every day is another lesson & adventure. I often teach them but a lot of the time they are teaching me. I love Grandma Life!
Thanks again for dropping by!
owner queen bee of Debbie’s Musings : )